Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Be Thou My Vision

So yesterday I posted something on Facebook, stating that I was “trying to figure out the rest of my life.” And one of my friends replied saying, “Come to Campus.” Seriously I want to go to CAMPUS a lot. We’ll see though, I have some other things to figure out.

But the study went okay. The person that I do the studies with I think may be trying to give too much information at once. So I want to study with the person alone and make sure that he understands things.

Afterwards I came back to the house and overlooked my paper, tomorrow is the day that I send it in the mail. Then we went to USM a little early and I typed some things out. I think the meeting went pretty well. I know that it was hard to receive. Then after the meeting we came back, and I was so hungry so I did something that I generally don’t do – I went out to eat a little late, but I got to meet the person at Subway and I want to offer them Bible studies. We’ll see, I walked a little bit more and talked with my friend from CA about what to do.

I think I just need to spend the rest of the night in prayer.

But to express my thoughts, the words of the song below I believe sincerely identify with myself today and right now. It was an old Irish hymn that was translated into English in 1912 by Eleanor H. Hull. In the Seventh-day Adventist Hymnal the 3 verse is not included, so I have included the most well known translation from the original.


Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

No comments: