Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tickets to Brazil

Quick shout out - 잔 보 은, 생일 축하합니 다!

I had a hard time sleep last night because of the news that I had received yesterday. I don’t think I went to sleep until 2 this morning. But its okay, I initially woke up at 6:30 but didn’t really get up until a few minutes later and then took a shower and went for a devotional walk. I think it was good for me. I needed to just pray and walk this morning.

But I came back did my bed, cleaned up a little and then went to the church where I was able to get online and talk with my dad. Class was just amazing today. I totally keep forgetting to ask Dr. Finley if I can post notes online. But I am using part of the lecture material for my paper that I just realized is going to be due in about 3 weeks, so I am definitely going to be at the library working on that. I am sure that it will turn out okay, but I need a solid ‘A’ in this class.

After class we had another great lunch and then I came back to the house and received something that I have been waiting for – my tickets for Brazil. I’m so excited. I’ve never been to South American in my life. And now I get to go. I am going to be arriving there on Christmas day and get to spend Christmas on the plane and in São Paulo and Belo Horizonte. As wikipedia puts it:
It has more inhabitants than any other South American country, and hosts one of the largest megalopolises of the world, whereof the main cities are the country's two largest; São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. The region is very diverse, including the major business center of São Paulo, the historical cities of Minas Gerais and its capital Belo Horizonte, the third-largest metropolitan area in Brazil, the beaches of Rio de Janeiro, and the coast of Espírito Santo.

It’s going to be an adventure I’m sure. Even if I don’t get to really do anything, it will be good to see some friends down there. They are greatly missed.

Basically the rest of the day has been spent in the library – where I have been able to talk to my friend from Brazil and type as much of this paper as I see adequate for today. I have actually typed more then I thought I would get done, and have further defined what I am actually writing. So the paper is coming along very well. Its exciting. Maybe I will post it on here too. But for today, this is what I am doing in my secret place…

No comments: