Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What do I do?

Since I was up a little later then usual, I didn’t wake up early enough to work out. All is well, I’m just not going to eat as much today. But I cannot get into this habit.

Dr. Finley had to go back to the GC, so he wasn’t here for class today, but another providential thing worked out after lunch. I saw Mrs. Finley running back into the church, and I said, “Do you need something?” And she said, “I forgot to find someone to pick up my husband from the aiport.” So I said, “What time does he come in?” And she said, “4:25.” So I said, “Hanif and I will pick him up.” And she said, “Are you sure?” “Yes” “Okay, because the last person that picked him up wasn’t there in time” “Well, don’t worry, we won’t be late. And I have his number just in case.” “Okay, thank you.”

So at 4:20 Hanif and I were at the airport and I got the opportunity to finally talk to Dr. Finley about some things that have been weighing heavily on my heart. I asked him several questions about working in differing areas, and then finally I ask him what I think I need to know more, “Where do you think I am needed the most?” In other words, where can I make the biggest difference in the world. And he told me, “Malcolm I have 5 places that I would suggest you looking into, and I’m going to tell you how to go about it.” So he listed 5 different places (Basically Northern New England Conference, Minnesota Conference, and anywhere in the Mid-America Union). Go to the Presidents of each of those conferences, and don’t write a resume, but actually make an appointment to visit with them and say, “Is there an area that you are having a hard time keeping a pastor and raising up churches?” “I am willing to sacrifice 3-5 years of my life and work there to raise up churches.” Then he said, “You are bound to get a job.”

WHAT DO I DO? It’s almost like I really needed to hear that, but I didn’t want to, because I know that it means a great deal of humility. He later said, “That’s how I started out, and because of that experience, I am the person that I am today.”

We took him to the meeting and I was able to talk with Chelsey, one of the Bible workers here, and she told me that if I am willing to go next year she knows that I will definitely have a job. Hmm, so that is now an option. Things are coming together…

But the meetings are going well. Tonight was the Mark of the Beast. Decisions are being made.

No comments: