Sunday, October 14, 2007

Today was just restful. “Howbeit this only cometh but by prayer and fasting.” This morning I determined not to eat, until I was secure with the Lord that I had assurance. So I fasted until the last time I ate, which was sometime yesterday. I didn’t realize how hard it was to fast until it got to those last few hours. It was good for me though.

I accomplished a good number today. I had a good devotion; did laundry; watched the movie Amazing Grace. It just came out last year. And if any of you really know me, I was very much inspired by the story of John Newton. Well this movie takes place after Newton wrote that song and talks about William Wilberforce and his movement against the abolition of slavery. It was very inspiring – it is probably the only movie that made me tear more than once. It was very moving.

Afterwards I practiced trying to learn this new language. I think my pronunciation is getting better. I also think that I need to practice like twice a day – in the morning and in the evening – I should also practice writing it as often as I can. But I believe that it is good for me.

I was finally able to read a good bit of a book that I bought a few months ago. I am determined to finish at least a book a week – probably not the two books a week that I was doing last year, but just a book a week until next semester or at least until winter.

One nice thing is that I was able to walk around a little and see the beautiful fall colors. There is something that Arizona just doesn't have.








































Oh, I also registered for GYC (Generation of Youth for Christ) and started getting ready for my friends birthday. I actually have a few friends who have their birthday’s this month. We’ll see how many of them I remember. But today I just really felt close to the Lord. I was able to walk around and just admire nature. I tried to get some good pictures, but I think I’m going to get a new camera – well at least before I go to Africa. I really want to take some good pictures while I go there. It has to either be pictures or video footage – we’ll see what I conclude in the end.

Oh I finally talked with one of my friends and they told me another story about their trip to Andrews. Haha, its always a joy talking to you. Hope to see you at GYC.

PS – the landlord finally turned the heat on. All I know is that yesterday it was down in the 40’s if not 30’s. Thank you Lord.

No comments: