Saturday, October 13, 2007

Wow, today was just packed. This morning I woke up pretty early for a Sabbath day, honestly I can sleep in a little more on Sabbaths, but it was like I was awake by the Lord a little early. It is a little nice – not that Nathan is bad, but Nathan went home this weekend with Eric, so I have the room to myself for the weekend, and I think that it may be for me to just spend some extra time with the Lord.

But we left at 8:30 for the church and didn’t arrive until 9:20 because we got lost. But it was still a nice drive. I’ve added some pictures below. I really love this church. It’s a small church and it feels like it is just tucked away. I believe that the sermon went well. It is truly a sermon that I know the Lord has given me to preach to his people time and time again.



























Hanif and James, who came along, left after the sermon. So I confirmed with the Filipino family if they would take me back later. They were graciously willing. So I was able to stay for Sabbath school. It was interesting – I Peter 4:12ff. The discussion I believe was good. Afterwards I was invited by one of the younger families present to spend the Sabbath with them. They had cooked and such and wanted to bring me along. How kind? We need more of that in our churches these days. But I had to inform them that I was going to be with the Filipino family.

After the services I was able to talk with the different people at the church and then they drove me back to my place. When we arrived they invited me to attend a party with a lot of Filipino’s, so I was like sure, I’m just going to go and change. We went back to their house and ate and I got to spend some time with their eldest son, who is only two years old, Gian. He’s cute. I think he just needs someone to spend more time with.

Afterwards we went to the Filipino party, and sometimes I forget what its really like when there are only a few Adventists present. But yes, I was able to eat some good Pancit, and then some Filipino desserts. It was good.














At about 5:40 something we left because I had to get back to the meeting. Gideon was truly kind to me. When I got to the meetings, things went well. The kids also sang tonight for special music. It was cute.














Oh, I got my confirmation. Things will still work out. But I will just say that I must be a Uriah and refrain. I must stay here at the battle front. There will come another time. Thank you Pastor Noles.

No comments: