Thursday, November 1, 2007

Finley: “Malcolm Is Getting Fat”

Today was good, I woke up and actually worked out. I need to make sure that I keep up with that. It was a good work out, but I could tell that I was tired.

Classes were good. Today was the last day that the Finley’s are going to be with us in class, well, at least until our final. But it’s good because I got some things squared away with what I am supposed to do. Class was interesting – I’ll just leave it at that. But I’ve found out that I don’t have to show up for class from now on. Isn’t that cool? I just have to be here for the workers meetings. I’ve got all the credits, now I just need to work on my paper. Its quite exciting. I also have official permission to post my notes online. I just have to figure out where I'm going to post them. Oh, did anyone see the article about Fish on the front page of Newsweek?

Afterwards we had a good lunch. It was funny though; sometimes you never really see how human others are – especially those that so many hold in high esteem. But while we were in lunch Finley and I were talking about the food and how good it was. And then I made a comment about how I’ve finally gotten back in about my normal weight again. (This last summer was just a lot of food, haha.) But he was like, “Oh we need to cut down on our food, because Malcolm is getting fat.” Haha, it was funny because I was telling him how the students, well some of us, work out nearly everyday. But I think to my knowledge I’ve been the most consistent. It’s odd, it’s almost as if my day isn’t right without a good work out and devotions. But its cool, because now its become a habit.
Then as we were sitting around eating, the Finley and I ate at the same table. And we were able to talk about things. I talked to him about rebaptism and communion and I’ve come to the conviction that I do not need to be rebaptized and that we overdo it. But it was funny just to see how the Finley interact; because Mrs. Finley said that we can now only have desserts only once a week, and so Mr. Finley went and got a lot of dessert, and was like, “Look what Mrs. Finley made me do, since I can only have it once a week, I’ve got to get all that I can.” And then she was like, “Well, we have to live up to the health principles that we teach.” It was just funny because they were teasing back and forth, and it was just a really enjoyable moment.
After class Hanif and I debated going out. Today we decided that we were going to do something together as a group. Especially since we had some extra time. So it was going to be guys night at the batting cages. But before that I had to get my haircut because it was getting too uncontrollable for me – not that its really bad, but its okay. It was good though, I was able to talk to the person giving me a haircut and she asked me what I was doing here and such, so I was able to talk to her a little bit about Vietnam and such. I think if I go in again I’ll ask her if she wants Bible studies. She was really nice.
Well, on the way back we got my camera and saw some interesting things around. Then we went to the place where they had the batting cages, but we couldn’t find them, and when we did they had just finished; so we decided to go to the park and play some friendly football.



























It was funny though because Eric was like, “Come on Malcolm, you need to get a work out in for the day.” And I was like, “I work out like everyday.” And he was like, “Did you work out today?” And I said, “Yeah, man.” And Nathan was there, and was like, “Yeah, he works out like everyday.” It was fun – and its good to have been in shape.





















































No comments: