Monday, October 29, 2007

Today was good. After devotions, I spent the morning in class – it was a very good class over baptism: those who are ready and not ready. And then we went over the interest list. Basically I spent the whole time looking over going to Bogenhofen. A lot depends on how things develop in the next few months, but I realize that I still have to get my application in. We’ll see what I should do in the next year.

Afterwards we had a simple meal, Evita is not here today; but she’ll be back tomorrow. I got to spend a good number of the time talking with Mrs. Finley and she gave me some good advice, but I’m not sure how to apply it just now. I realize that I need to hold a public evangelistic series here in the States, but where? And with what support? I know that my problem is that I want to travel and do everything at once, but if I want to work with a church (which is where evangelism starts) I need to do a series at a local church, which means taking a few years out. What do I do? Germany, then Ph.D. and then work in a church? Or stay here and try to get hired and then work at a church?

After lunch I helped my friend with his resume, it was amazing to see everywhere that he has traveled. He’s going back to South Africa in about a month, but he’s leaving here his Saturday night. I’m going to miss him, he’s really grown on me. I think I included a picture of him the other day – he’s the tall Indian guy. Its really kind of him, but he has invited me to go to South Africa and visit him – an offer that will not be easy to resist for as long as I can help it.

After that I helped him get connected on Skype and then he took me to the library that I was at yesterday. Tonight is the night that I have basically completed my paper. I done except for a few corrections that I will be able to see tomorrow and fixing some things in the references. Other than for that I’m done for tonight and will be on the phone later, but I need to get going and get some exercise in for the day.

No comments: