Monday, October 22, 2007

Except We Forget... A Call, A Package, & Brazil

Does anyone realize what today is? I once wrote in a previous journal about this. Let’s see if anyone remembers:

Second only to Muslims in believing that something happened in 1844, Seventh-day Adventist saw a great importance in the events and message that has called us as a Church prophetically into existence. Bringing together much Bible study and prayer, a movement saw the soon coming of Christ as the New Testament writers once believed. But as the Lord delayed, prophecy was coming together and much time was now devoted to gather information. The call that only Seventh-day Adventists have been given plays one of the founding principles of the sanctuary message. The disappointment in 1844 brought about God’s spirit united with a once small group of believers that after the scoffing and ridicule, was blessed by God in the spirit of prophecy and the need to study, study, study and fervently pray over “where did we err?”
1844’s importance hinges on the message of the sanctuary and the three angels’ messages of Revelation 14. These messages combined bring the solution and the significance that only Seventh-day Adventists hold. The importance brings the sanctuary message – Christ’s movement in the Most Holy Place in 1844, the larger picture of the day/hour of atonement; the Sabbath truth; the Spirit of Prophecy; the assurance that Christ Second Advent is still in the future; and God electing a distinguished people to spread this “gospel of a kingdom…into all the world as a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”

“We have nothing to fear for the future, except as we shall forget the way the Lord has led us, and His teaching in our past history” (LS, p. 196).

Wow, that was something that I wrote nearly 3 ½ years ago. I think if one searchers for it, they can find it. But yes today is another anniversary of 1844’s great October 22 disappointment. But that wasn’t all happened today.

Class was good, I got to talk with Dr. Finley about many things, and he has actually invited me to join them for an oversees series. That’s one that I would really like to be involved with. Like he learned from the feet of Tyndal, I would like to learn from him. We will see how the Lord leads. But today Hanif and I went out, and it just wasn’t happening, so we are going to go out for visitations tomorrow. It should be better than.

We were just both too tired today. But tomorrow will be better, I’m sure of it. Oh, I talked with my friend from Brazil and it looks like I'm going to be going to Brazil. I'm excited. So tomorrow will be good. I'm getting a ticket for Brazil.

No comments: