Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Wow, this is amazing, I’m in Michigan. For those of you who don’t know this is one of the last states on my list of states within the US that I have not been to. It’s a bit exciting. I have quite a few friends here, and I didn’t really tell that many of them that I was coming.

But I have to admit, I didn’t pay that much attention in class. Nathan and I were trying to figure out a ministry. Well, because we believe that the combination of Revival and Evangelism will bring a unity within the work that has not yet really been done. Initially we were thinking of C.O.R.E. (Center of Revival Evangelism) or I.R.E. (Institute of Revival Evangelism), what do you think? Any ideas anyone?

After class I had to print off some things. That way I could check in with no problems. Afterwards we prayed, and thank you Hanif for remembering me in your prayers, then we ate my last really good meal for a few days – I am just not a big fan of cafeteria food now. But we had some good food and then rushed off to a Bible study.

To put it simply, I have a true genuine heart for Robert. Oh how I wish you will let the truth make you free. Basically we just spent the time talking with him and sharing a few verses here and there, whatever the spirit really impressed upon us. I must say, it pains me to see him struggle so much. Afterwards we went rushed to the airport and got me checked in – thank you Chris for taking me.

My bags were checked – lol – every now and then that happens to me, but they thought that my external hard drive was probably a bomb or something, well really they thought that it was a portable DVD player and that I was just being difficult about taking it out. Just a personal observation on the way that they do check-in at the Portland Jetport, they need to work on their services and way of going through security, because I could tell that it was very disorganized and that something needs to change. But the Detroit Airport was amazingly nice. I was very much impressed. Its probably as big if not bigger than Sky Harbor (Phoenix International Airport).

My flight was delayed a little bit, but eventually I got to South Bend and just awaited my ride. I could tell by my first impression that Andrews is not very organized. For instance, I cancelled my pick up ride with them and yet they showed up. I even told them, “don’t pick me up, I have someone already picking me up.” Yet they understood not. Well, I guess it was kind of them.

Its actually pretty hard for me to believe that I’m at Andrews University, that means that I have not yet visited Oakwood, Walla Walla, and Union – other then for that I’ve either attended or spoken at every Adventist University/College in the US. But wow, I’m at like Adventist Jerusalem. I was thinking of writing some articles entitled “Andrews & Andrews: The Man Behind the Institution.” Well, thank you Cha for picking me up. I’m debating who to get in contact with first, but I have already seen some friends from before – well one guy from Southwestern.

Its starting to get late now, so till next time…

No comments: