Saturday, September 1, 2007

Revive us, oh God

I did not realize this morning what time church services began, so I got ready quite slow and took my little indulgence again this morning. But I was actually ready a bit early. Yet even though I was ready by the time that I wanted to leave for church the other guys began to get ready and all I had to do was my hair. It was somewhat nice though; as I was getting ready I was listening to some stories from CAMPUS.

Eventually, I got to church around 10:30. I later found out that services began at 9:30. I felt so lazy because we live right across the street. I took a few observations as I entered church though.














The sermon title was, “Revive us, oh God.” There was one section of the sermon that really got to everyone though. When the Pastor made mention of the history of things that happened here in Portland it seemed as if every person was fixed to the message. You could have heard a pin drop. For those few moments the Spirit of God was truly present.

The church was quite full and many people were present. Unlike most of our churches, the conference office is right next to the church.














One really amazing thing happened at the church, there was a baptism.














After church there was potluck, and there seemed to be nothing to eat. Oh, how I miss eating at the Hasel’s or at the Korean churches. As I was deciding what to eat those words from the Spirit of Prophecy flashed into my memory and I remembered once again what to choose. There is truly a change happening to me here.

After potluck we organized into different teams and went to hand out flyers. Chris and I went together and Lance and the other AUC boys followed along. We decided to hit up the higher-class neighborhoods. Talk about houses that I will never own in this lifetime. The place was really nice, but I don’t believe I could say the same for the people. It is sad to see the lack of interest among the wealthy.

We came back to the church about 5:10 and they discussed a few things. Chris came over and we closed the Sabbath together. A little while later we went to Wild Burrito and got a burrito. Came back and watch a documentary. It was long so we are probably going to finish it next week or some other time.

Now I can’t sleep, and I need too.

11:00 PM

No comments: