Saturday, September 8, 2007

Happy Sabbath!

Today was pretty exciting. I got to Sabbath School; I don’t plan on missing again. It was over David and Bathsheba. When I got there, the teacher wasn’t there, so I was getting ready teach. The sermon was on Ezekiel 37, which is one of my favorite chapters – I remember preaching on that. There is a lot of good stuff in that chapter.

In the afternoon Chris and I went door-to-door with Lance, Michael, and Jerman. It was good; we went to the “ghetto.” Not that Portland really has a ghetto, but we went into the not so good parts of Portland. It was cool. I actually got to meet quite a few Asians. They were either Vietnamese or Cambodian. I knew the Vietnamese one’s, but it’s hard for me to tell the Cambodians. It was good though, we really got to converse with them, and they also told me where there is a Boba Tea place around here.

The best part that really made my day is that we got someone signed up for the cooking classes that we are starting on Monday. I said that I would pay for her, cause I really wanted to leave all doubt of why they shouldn’t attend. She’s a 14-year-old Sudanese girl. I expect her to go, because we actually pre-registered her.

Afterwards, we went to Lance’s house. It was nice. The original plan was for me to go to Chris’ house to watch the Revive, Here We Stand, series that is happening in Lansing, MI. We had sundown worship and had everything hooked up to the Internet, through the computer, and then to the TV. It was pretty cool. The food was great. Mrs. Wilbur is a great cook, she’s also very well educated about some parts of Asian culture.

Afterwards, we basically came back and went to sleep.

No comments: