Sunday, September 2, 2007

China Awakes & The Hauerwas Reader

Aw, a fresh new week. It was a truly beautiful day, so I went walking around and took a few pictures. I often get busy with where I am that I forget to take pictures even though I have a camera. So I need to put it to good use. It was nice though, because as I was walking around I noticed someone in the church cleaning, so I asked him if I could use the Internet upstairs. He approved, and I ran to get my computer. I finally got to check my e-mail and post all the updates for blogger.

Around 12:45 Lance and I went to work out. We did ellipticals for 30 minutes, the rowing machine for as long as we could go (I think I only did about 1500 meters, maybe 2000), and then we worked on ab’s and I jumped on the bike and did 2½ miles.

Afterwards, Lance invited me along to Borders. I have discovered that the closest Barnes and Nobles is 48 miles away, so that’s not happening. I was going to get a book on some history in Korea, but I wasn’t sure what to get. Lance recommended China Wakes: The Struggle for the Soul of a Rising Power, so I got that book. And then I was looking for some theologically philosophical books, but I only found The Hauerwas Reader, so I picked that up. Those will keep me busy for a while.

I learned that Lance’s wife is from North Hollywood and I was like, “oh, I used to live in Hollywood.” So we were able to communicate on that regard. It was interesting, we seemed to be taking all the wrong ways to get back, but eventually we got back, and I got dropped off. I tried to read as much as I could of the two books, but The Hauerwas Reader was just too much for me at the time. I was trying to read the other, but I was too tired, so I called for devotions, and we read and prayed over Eric. We laid hands on him and then broke up and prayed over the house. I was so tired, but then I tried to sleep and it was hard again. I need to talk to the Shepard more.

PS
Since I was able to walk around, I figured that I would show you guys where I live. We live right across the street from the church. Right there on the same corner even. More like diagonal from it.

No comments: