Monday, September 3, 2007

Postered Portland

There was so much to do today.

I woke up around 9 something. I think I slept a good 10 hours or so. But when I got up, I thought someone was in the bathroom so I prayed and did devotions for a while. Then I was really wondering to myself, "This person is really taking their time." Then I realized that no one was in there and I took a shower.

When I got out I ate breakfast and read a chapter from Messages to Young People, entitled "Perfecting Christian Character." It was very good, and I highly recommend this to any Christian. When I was done I went to read some of China Awakes, but then Chris came and we postered as much of Portland as we could. We went downtown; down Forest Ave.; to Maine Mall; and all around other streets, especially up and down Allen Ave. (where the church is located). Probably the best one that we got was in a bus stop right in downtown.










































At last, after a few hours of putting up posters we ate at Macroni Grill, and I got my usual Pennie Whole Wheat. But I only realized afterwards that I didn't even get my mushrooms, and my friends order had ham in it so we had to get it replaced. I was a bit disappointed in the service.














Afterwards we went to Borders and I got some books on apologetics. I hope they are good. They have been recommended to me by a few friends. We'll see. I was also looking for a book on the Korean War, but they didn't have the one that I was looking for. I guess next time.

We were revived and put up some more posters for about another hour, maybe another hour and a half. This time we ran. We just finished putting them up a few minutes ago. Then we went to get a smoothie, but the place was closed so we went to the Thanh Thanh Vietnamese Restaurant and were able to get a fruit juice to go. Thank you Lord.

If any of you are in the Portland area, I highly recommend the cooking school that the Finley's will be starting September 10 at the Adventist Community Center on Allen Ave.

No comments: