Monday, September 10, 2007

Cooking Courses Kickoff

Were back in class. It was Jerman's birthday today. So we had some vegan carrot cake, it was really good. For those of you who didn't know this about me, my favorite cake, and really the only one that I like to eat is carrot cake. But most of the day was in serious preparation for the vegetarian cooking classes that start tonight. It was exciting, because the person, who actually said that they would come, came. We spent about two hours going around downtown handing out flyer's and inviting people to the meeting tonight. It was really exciting, but the people that told me that they would come, didn’t come, unless they actually signed up.One interesting note, for those of you who don’t know, I have a really hard time doing this. But somehow about half way through I was just getting a lot of flyers into people’s hand. Initially I was the person who was replacing posters that got taken down or covered up. After about an hour and a half we went to the Boba place, but it was probably the worst Boba that I’ve ever had. I was so excited too.

It was pretty cool to see Dr. Finley again. He flew from Africa, and had been awake for over 22 hours, but he helped out the cooking school. It was really good. We learned how to make whole wheat good bread. The samples were really good too.



























After we dropped off the girl who came, we went to get food because we are really lacking some food. But we should be good for a little longer now. We eventually got back at about 10:30. Time for sleep; I’m exhausted.

No comments: