Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Graceful Roll

Today was just packed, but not really. Work out was good - I'm actually seeing and feeling results. I think I have a routine down for now.

Nathan did worship, it was good - He read a lot from Early Writings, by Ellen White. It was good. It was hard for me to figure out which he was reading from Early Writings or Last Day Events because they are so similar.

Karen taught for class and then the Pastor taught (really talked) the second class. It was interesting - we need people just as much as they need us. I arrived late for lunch because I saw that someone took out $350 from my checking account - that's a lot of money to just go somewhere. I wondered "Wow, where did that come from?" So I called my bank and they were very helpful, they sent me a copy of the check. I have a cool bank, I went onto my account online and I saw the actual check - but I couldn't make out check - it said Shane H or something like that. And it was written April 4; but when did I write a check for something like that? Shane who? So I wondered in the back of my mind the rest of the day.

After lunch I went to University of Southern Maine, Portland and worked at the booth that we have there. I'll fully admit that this is not my gift, but the Lord blessed otherwise because we got the first person every pre-registered for the Evangelistic series that starts this Friday. So it was good. It was kind of funny because I was like man I'm really not good at this; but then all of a sudden someone came up and I got some guts and next thing you know it they are pre-registering. It was our first pre-registration, so the Lord truly blessed. It was also really cool, I bought a copy of yesterday's paper and found this...







































We stayed there for about 3 hours and then I came back and to tell you the truth I just wanted to relax so as I was waiting for Nathan to come back I just chilled. When he came back we talked about future hopes and aspirations. Then we watched the movie Glory. It is probably one of the best movies that I had ever seen. It was powerful. Nathan was relating how Tim, Sherod, Miguel, and himself watched this movie at Southwestern and they felt like the blacks who followed this general to battle during the Civil War - they were not only fighting for the right, but for lives. The allegory is just amazing.

It was then that I was praying and all of a sudden it hit me, I know what I wrote that check for - it was ShareHim.

Nathan shared this quote with me earlier, I thought I would add it here:
"There can be no true conversion without the giving up of sin"
-Manuscript 36, 1870

No comments: