Thursday, September 6, 2007

Today we had a pretty good class. Dr. Derose taught us on health evangelism, he’s going to be teaching some of the lessons. It was good though, but so much of the things that are being presented to me, I already know because of the graduate level. Its been good though, I’ve been able to learn a lot in just the short time that I’ve been here. Today I also made plans to go with Chelsea to a study on Sunday.

We didn’t really go out much this afternoon. But I was invited to visit with one of Chris’ contacts that is only a few houses down from mine. It went really well. She actually invited us to her birthday party on Sunday, so I’m pretty excited, I want to get her a good Spirit of Prophecy book. She wants to become a translator for the US Embassy, or something like that. But I’m sure that she can do it, she speaks five languages. The study on the other hand went pretty well, but I could tell that it may have been overbearing for her, we went over Daniel 7 and 9 and the various prophecies within them.

Afterwards I went to do laundry, and I didn’t realize that they closed at 8 and I started at about 7:30. I felt so bad, because I wasn’t done until nearly 9; but I think I gained the respect of her son and eventually the owner, which is a huge thing in Asian culture, because I told them that I was doing my masters. We just seemed to connect. I would really like to go back there. They were Vietnamese. Something that I have learned is that there are a lot of Vietnamese around here.

After laundry I basically came back and that was it. I’ve been trying to get in touch with one of my friends from Brazil. I hope that I do.

No comments: