Thursday, September 27, 2007

Are you Chinese? Korean?

Today was really interesting. Since it is my day off I invited Robert, the person that I mentioned in the previous blog to eat out with me. We were to meet at the McDonalds down the street; but before that was to happen, I had some other things to take care of in regards to my schooling – I have to get my transcripts sent to Andrews from Southern and PUC ASAP, that’s the only thing that’s missing from my acceptance process. That took a while, but the faxes were sent, I think/hope.

Well, I met up with him at about 1ish and we ate at what has become one of my favorite Thai Restaurants in the world, it is really good. I got my regular Pad Thai with no fish sauce, and totally forgot to ask for no eggs (because one of the Thai restaurants that I usually eat at doesn’t put eggs if I say “vegetarian”) and I also got some good Sesame Tofu. This place is highly recommended by Malcolm Douglas. I would tell you that it’s on Forest Ave. in Portland, ME; but there are a few others on Forest, I’ll have to get the address and such. Our conversation was good. For a quick summary: Malcolm needs more confidence! Oh, and that they thought that I was Chinese.

Afterwards Robert offered to take somewhere if I needed or wanted to go anywhere and since I don’t have a car I asked him if it would be okay to go to this Korean store in Downtown Portland on Congress. So off we went and after a few missed turns and traffic and construction we eventually got there. And the lady wondered if I was Korean, I get that every now and then. But the lady told me that she was half Korean/half American – a combination that I rarely see.

One of the most amazing things though, on our way there and around town, Robert was just amazed at how providential our meeting was. For instance, he is the only person that I am consistently giving studies too, and oft times we go over things over and over and discuss several Bible texts – interestingly the Lord seems to have placed us at the right moment for such a time as this. He said that he’s going to most likely make it out to the meetings that start tomorrow. Those are the highlights, now we have a pre-run for tomorrow night.

No comments: