Monday, August 27, 2007

Remember Portland Continued...

It was only a few months ago when I arrived here in Portland, yet now I get to work here with the Finley’s. I am quite excited. For some reason I seem so distant from everything. I believe that this may be the longest that I will be in one place for quite some time. I do not have a car here so I will not be traveling anywhere that is outside of walking distance unless I am driven there.

Today was an early rise. To tell you the truth since I have arrived in the Northeast I haven’t been able to sleep well. I will get up in the middle of the night for no reason. Yet when I was at home I was sleeping just fine. But I woke up eventually and got ready quickly.

We arrived in Clinton, MA where my friend had to go to small claims court. After that we went to South Lancaster. Today was the registration for AUC – school is starting. It almost feels out of place for me not to be in school. But I will be studying directly under the Finley’s.

Tomorrow I am going to be asking Mrs. Finley if I can have one weekend off in October so that I can go to the Q.O.D. conference in Michigan.

We arrived in Portland, Maine around 6 something. We got settled in. The place that we are staying at is pretty nice. Nathan and I are roommate’s for the next four months. But I think that he is going to be going home as often as he can, so I will most likely be alone for the weekends.

Some time in the early evening we got to eat at a Vietnamese restaurant. It was good; I got the usual – Pho, vegetarian of course. But Nathan has officially informed the group that it is my birthday in a few days. So we’ll see what happens.














Things are so different out here in the Northeast. I guess that I have one the admiration of one man. He said, “I really admire you, you are so far from home. That shows true dedication right there.” But everyone here seems dedicated. I truly thank God for them.

I really need to start to sleep early. I need to follow the Lord more closely while I am here. This is going to be my refreshing time. This will be the time that I draw close to Him.

Lord, guide me now. Please Lord; I need your forgiveness before I can move forward. You alone can change my heart, and I ask for it now. As you have promise you will take out my old heart of stone and give me a new heart of flesh. I need you now to change me, to prepare me for what lies before me. Consecrate me Lord to do thy will.

May I be more like you…

No comments: