Friday, August 24, 2007

Attempt II: successful



Today was quite an experience.

Wake up 6:30 AM, for some reason I didn’t have trouble waking up this morning, but I was definitely tired throughout the day. We make a lot of traveling around the city. But I was able to read a lot for devotions this morning. We slept late, but it was okay. The Lord still sustains me.10:00 AM eat breakfast. We had some good vegan waffles; they were really good. I was quite impressed.

11:00 AM leave for the subway. I had to get a Metro card because I gotta get around this city. Hopefully $20 covers it for the weekend. We then made our way to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, well, after standing in line for an hour and 30 minutes. It was good though. I really enjoyed. My family was supposed to be some of the first, and I am really hoping to come back some day and do more research into that. But we left the city, and headed for Liberty Island (which I didn't know was different from) and Ellis Island.

























































After several shots I was finally able to get an English family to take a decent picture for me. I also got a little souvenir for my mother, and then I got one for myself. She likes those things, and I guess I kind of adopted that from her.





























In this room the decisions were made whether or not someone was well enough or okay for admittance into America.














Also many of the bags that were carried by those immigrants are still displayed there today.














After Ellis Island we didn’t really have any time for anything else. So we rushed back to Manhattan, where I am staying with my friend pictured above. We got back at about 5:30 PM.

We hadn’t eaten since that good breakfast, but he assured me that there was going to be food at the meeting we were headed too at 6:30 PM. The meeting was at the Greater NY Conference ABC. Its actually in a really good location, just about 3 or 4 blocks from the Grand Central Station and right across the street from the Public Library (I should have taken a picture of this while we were waiting outside for a bit, but to tell you the truth, sometimes I don’t like to seem like a tourists, even though they’re everywhere around here). But I did get a picture of the Chrysler Building.











































The meeting went well, it was about get more advertisment for GYC in the local churches in this conference. I was extremely tired though.

We got back about an hour ago, and now I’m ready too sleep. Let’s see, I’ve been trying to practice this, and someone said that I did really good…

안녕히 주무세요 or in Romanized form An-nyeong-hi chu-mu-se-yo.

No comments: