Saturday, November 24, 2007

Montreal: Day 4

Magandang Sabado!!!

Today is my last full day in Montreal, but it was probably one of the best days I’ve had in a while.

Sabbath school was interesting – “Seeing the Invisible.” There was quite a discussion, to be kind with words. But some people are just really opinionated.

Afterwards, for divine service, I was the speaker; but I didn’t start speaking until 12:20, and they were supposed to get out at 12:30. So I informed them that since I am Filipino, and today was the Sabbath, I am going to have a little Filipino time. I believe that the sermon went very well. As many people said afterwards, “It was a timely message.”

The title was “Higher than the Highest.” And no, I did not get the idea from GYC 2003. I got it from MYP page 40. It went amazingly well. All glory to God, for I could tell that He was with me. I must say though, it is hard speaking to Filipino’s.

It was amazing to see the reaction of so many, constantly the were in awe at my age. So many were shocked that I was 23. Generally the thought I looked younger; but being a “Pastor” and nearly done with my Master’s made them think that I was older. It was good to be appreciated. For those of you who don’t know – I come from a very prominent line among Filipino Adventists from the Philippines. It was just nice to be appreciated, it almost felt like I was at home (Philippines home, that is).

But afterwards I got to meet some new people at Potluck, and it seemed like everyone wanted to get me dish (whether or not I liked the food, lol); and then I was asked to pray a blessing for those people who have birthdays in November and December; and then assist in training people for the prayer gathering that they wanted to start today. It was busy, but it was good to “feel” like a Pastor.



























For what was left of the afternoon, I spent it at Uncle Jem’s cousins house. It was good, later in the evening we were finally able to get in touch with the newly arrived Filipino’s that I met at church. I was able to spend some time with them and talk and pray with them. It was a great blessing. PS – Jem, you better go to GYC, I hope that it works out.

Afterwards I went back to Uncle Jem’s cousins house, and then we went to Lolo Filip’s house. What a day, what a day, I leave early tomorrow…

No comments: