Thursday, November 8, 2007

C.A.M.P.U.S. Experience | Day 1

Click on the title, or here, for a link to pictures.

It was an early morning. I woke up at 4ish. Got things ready, took a shower, and quickly was off to the airport. The flight was okay, but 6:05 is still not my favorite time to have a flight. Yet for a good duration of the flight I spent it talking with the person next to me.

I had a quick layover in D.C. and had to promptly discover where my next flight was to be. When I arrived in Detroit, it took a while for Dr. Pipim to find me. But that was worked out and I went to CAMPUS. Talk about some amazing discoveries. CAMPUS was not what I thought it to be – it has been better.

I came during their homiletics course. It was pretty good. The housing was not what I was thinking it would be, but they are still better then the accommodations than I am currently experiencing in Portland. It is good though. The food took a little while, and I was quite hungry. I didn’t really have time for breakfast – especially since last night’s meetings went longer then the Pastor said they would. So I hadn’t really eaten in about 24 hours.

It was nice, I later got to see Justin and he invited me to stay at his house – I didn’t full understand what the consequences of that would be until later (j/t). But after lunch we chilled for a little while and then Dan, Amy, and I went to get some Sushi. It was pretty good. Then we went to see Bo Un. And then to a Bible study. The study was really good – it was over the Sabbath. Thank you Justin Namm.

After the study Dan took me back to the CAMPUS house. And eventually Justin picked me up.

No comments: