Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I’m Home [in PI]

After nearly three years. After over 8,000 miles – after driving from Michigan to Atlanta, then flying from Atlanta to Seoul, from Seoul to Kulua Lumpur, from Kulua Lumpur to Manila, and then driving from Manila to Angeles. After a 14 hour flight to Seoul, a one and half hour layover, a 6 hour flight to Kulua Lumpur, a 12 hour layover, a 3 ½ hour flight to Manila (1 hour to find each other and get my things), and after a 4 hour drive (because of traffic), I am finally here!














What a long trip. I don’t think that I’ve ever had one such like that. Either way, the KLIA (Kulua Lumpur International Airport) was extremely nice. I also forgot how many Muslims there were in Malaysia – all of which were nice. I was over the limit on my bag from KL to MNL, and the lady let me pass. I was over 10 kg’s over. So I’m going to have to figure something out on the way back. But I had a lot of spare time (a good 12 hour layover), of which I don’t think I will ever try to do again. I did accomplished a lot, though. Took many pictures, walked the entire airport at least 10 times, and read quite a bit.










































Oddly, and I don’t normally say this, but, the weather is just right for me right now. Its not too cold and its not too hot. I actually really like it. I guess you know your Filipino when you can take the weather, haha.

I’m excited though. I’m going to try to do so much while I’m here. I hope that I can go to Bataan, Bagio, Manila, and others. But what I’m really excited about is I might have enough money for my cousin and I to go to Hong Kong. We’ll see though, because I really want to see more of PI on this trip – but Hong Kong, oh, man.

Hopefully, this trip will be more than just seeing family (even though that is what I love to do), but for me to help grasp what defines me – my history, culture, my life.

I think one of the oddest things for me is that I am nearly becoming the only cousin, who was born in the Philippines, who is not married. I think Karen, JR, and his sister are the only ones left. Well, I guess my sister too, but her case is different. Its strange, because everyone is saying, get a girlfriend, just don’t get married. What kind of advice?!? IDK, but one thing is sure, I’m exhausted.

Oh, there’s only one thing, my phone doesn’t work. It worked in Korea, but I don’t know what’s wrong. It keeps going in and out of service. Hopefully I can get it to work. We’ll see. So if anyone really wants to contact me, just e-mail.

No comments: