Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Day 5: Feliz Ano Novo

Today was pretty cool. Elder Sarli was going to speak at a local church to speak some words of encouragement for the New Year; but he asked me to speak in his place and that he would translate for me. It was really exciting. And it seems as if he was a good translator – this just makes me want to come back to Brazil even more.



























After the service we went to some other Uncle’s house where the whole family spent the night doing various things – the teenagers were playing some card games, the adults were talking, and everyone was eating some great food.








































One thing that I noticed is that New Years is not as big a thing as in Asia; but than when I was talking to them about it later, they said it just depends where you are in Brazil. It was fun either way.

No comments: