Thursday, January 3, 2008

Day 8: Goodbye Lavras

Today, my friends friend came over – and she is crazy. LoL. We were all going to go to the farm, but Elder Sarli drove by and invited me over, so I spent nearly the whole day with him.

It was good though, because we got to talk about many things – evangelism, his D.Min. Thesis, and many other things. Which on top of I didn’t realize that he had a doctorate. He did a study of why the church has grown so much in Sao Paulo – which has over 1,000 Adventist churches. That’s just amazing.

Later, we went to the farm and it seemed like no one was there; but they were there – they were just hiding – lol. No, but my friend and nearly everyone else closer to my age was gone. So I got to say my last goodbyes to everyone in Lavras. It was kind of sad, because I could tell that they were going to miss me, and I was going to miss them, but no one really spoke the other person’s language.

When I got back to the Pfieffer’s home, Dr. Sarli looked over some of the articles that I’m writing for the Andrews paper, I think they are pretty good – especially now that he approved of them and such. But then the rest of the nice was good. It was late though, but I will not forget that “friends don’t give up.”

Oh, and here's some pictures of everyone else at the farm but myself. Haha.



























No comments: