Thursday, December 27, 2007

Day 1: The Arrival

Its official, Brazil is on my top 10 most favorite places in the world. The people are not only nice, but they are really great people here.

When I got off the plane I had to go through customs, which is probably the quickest I ever went through customs. And then I finally got to see my bag for the first time in like two days. It was great to be reunited. But than I had to figured out where to go for my next flight; but that wasn’t too hard, I had so much time, so I decided that I should try to walk outside for a little bit – Sao Paulo is beautiful. But I didn’t really get to see much, because I didn’t really speak Portuguese, so I figured I should just stick around the airport.

My flight was actually delayed, but I didn’t really know what to do; so I just followed the crowd to the where everyone was going. They actually bussed us to another plane, and then we quickly loaded and were off to Belo Horizonte. It is beautiful there too. It seems like everywhere I am going to be going in Brazil is just going to be beautiful. But I finally saw my friend for the first time in a while. It was good to meet the family too. But since I hadn’t really eaten (because all the food was not vegetarian even though I requested for it), we ate.














After we ate we drove to Ouro Preto where I was able to get settled into a room, take a shower, and then walk around a bit. It’s a really nice (and I guess historical) city – even though I would call it a town. Basically we were out for a while, so now its time to try to sleep.

No comments: