Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas in Hinsdale

My mom called me at about 1 AM and said that we have really close family friends who live here in Chicago. She said that they were willing to pick me up then, but I was like how about tomorrow? I still have some things that I need to figure out at the Airport, like what is happening with my luggage that they wouldn’t let me have back.

Either way, I was driven back to the airport and was able to get a ticket for tomorrow, in hopes that I get a visa, and then I just sat and waited for a while. Actually I started to read a book entitled the Cost of Discipleship. It’s a very good book so far, and I’m only in the first few pages of the first chapter.

Sometime later in the afternoon I was finally picked up by Uncle Emmanuel. It was nice to be around people who though I don’t really know, at least I know that I can trust. When we got to their house they had some really good vegetarian food all ready for me. Thank the Lord too, because I was hungry and hadn’t eaten since yesterday. Auntie is a very good cook.
But later I was able to meet the rest of the family, who invited me to a party and where I was able to meet Rey – a friend from PUC. It was so ironic; but it was great. It was fun just to see everyone opening presents. Good times. All prayers needed tomorrow though, because I need to wake up early and go to the consulate.

No comments: