Saturday, December 29, 2007

Day 3: Sabbath (FADMinas)

Sabbath was great, excluding the fact that I was not able to get a good night sleep last night. This whole 4 hours time difference is a big thing, especially since I have been in like 4 different times zones over the last four weeks. But either way, we had a simple breakfast and were off to church.














I had many observations about the church here in Brazil (may I add it was only one church, so not all are classified under this umbrella). But Brazil has many advantages that are not in the US. Church was great, and though I was not really able to understand things, it was still great. Maybe I just get a simple thrill out of it; but I really liked it. The sermon though, was before the SS – and I have one great suggestion, it needs to be more dynamic. No one people are leaving our churches. I am not suggesting that it be Pentecostal in nature, but it should be Pentecostal in power.

FADMinas (Faculdade Adventista de Minas Gerais)

Afterwards we went for a little walk and I was able to see some of the college. It’s a beautiful campus. And then we had one of the best college meals that I have ever had in my life. Then we went for a little walk again, and went back to the house.














Basically the afternoon consisted of some “lay” activities, a walk through the jungle (more like a forest in my opinion), and Malcolm reading and writings.














This past evening we went to shopping (what they call the mall here). It was a bit fun to hang out with others my age. And I guess I was told that I would not have a problem adapting to the environment here in Brazil.














The rest of the night I had this on my mind:
Have you ever known one of the most beautiful people in the world, only to realize that their greatest fault is what makes it so hard not to like them? There is someone that I wish was Adventist, for personal and also all together eternal reasons. But oh, how my heart breaks, how it aches that she would. It really hurts to know that her mother and father hurt. In many ways she is making decisions in life that though we are friends now, could eternally separate us… :sigh: Oh, how the Lord loves you… and the truth is my heart does ache for you, what is it? For feelings, I do not believe, continually exist to cause you pain for your salvation. This must be something deeper, something greater, something that I cannot explain.

No comments: