Saturday, May 26, 2007

Day 5 | Sabbath

May 26, 2007

Day 5 (Sabbath)

8:30 wake up

8:50 meet to leave for churches

9:45 arrive at church
This was interest. They were have joint Sabbath School when I arrived. Maxwell was trying to convince me to do his Sabbath School, which turned out to be quite fun (I didn’t do it).
As mentioned for yesterday, I wouldn’t have my translator for the service. Not only that, they forgot to bring the extension cord, so I was without my laptop and without my projector for the sermon. Luckily I had previously written down many of the verses that would be used for the sermon. And the sermon was entitled, “Why so much suffering?”
It went horrible. The translator got mixed up with my words, and I was kind of all over the place. But it was soon over. The whole sermon only lasted 20 minutes, with translation.
But the personal friendly contact with the people I think kept them there. But I am worried for tonight.

12:45 PM picked up from the church
I was invited to spend some time with the people, but I had felt bad that my driver came. So I just went back with him.

1:30 PM eat lunch with nearly everyone else.
Only Shane (my roommate) stayed with his church members

2:30 PM we walked around the beach for a Sabbath afternoon walk.
It didn’t seem so Sabbathy with the people and music, so we eventually came back.

4:00 PM took a nap and asked Lisa to call me at 5:50

5:50 PM I wake up not realizing that its 5:50, so I slowly get ready.

6:05PM Lisa comes to my door
I said “oh, is it 5:50?” and she says, “I forgot, and it’s 6:05.” So I get my tie on and we’re out the door as quick as possible.

6:07 PM we leave for the churches

7:15 PM arrive at my church
Nearly no one shows up. We eventually close the Sabbath together, that was interesting. My translator shows up at 8:00 PM, he’s such a Pastor, and a very good one at that.
It was good though, we were able to figure out the appeal song. So we had that one sung at the end. Number 277.
The sermon went really well. It was on the second coming. The only thing that bothered me is that I initially thought that this was going to be preached on Sunday, so I practiced the Sunday sermon for today, didn’t really look at this one, but thank God I had a quite a few of the verses memorized.
Luis Leonor was there today taking pictures, so we’ll see what he has to say tomorrow in our meeting.
We talked quite a bit afterwards and didn’t stop preaching until 9:10; but it was good.










Here's a picture of my new friend Maxwell and I.

9:15 PM Lisa and my driver are there to pick me up.
It was good, I was able to take some pictures of the people. Mainly the kids. Hopefully we’ll take more tomorrow. I figured out a wake to take some pictures without using my battery. I hope that this works out.

11:00 PM go on the roof for the first time

11:15 PM try to sleep, eventually fall asleep.

No comments: