Monday, May 28, 2007

Day 7 | Monday

May 28, 2007

Day 7

8:00 AM wake up

8:30 AM eat

9:00 AM devotional and meeting
This morning A.J. did the devotional. He did pretty good. I am very thankful for his presence on this trip.

10:40 AM went our separate ways
After the meeting I have a few notes that I asked Luis Leonor to hand to some people in the AUC group. I hope they get the notes. We’ll see what happens there.
Eventually we split at this point and some people went to this place where we could use the internet and phone. I call my mom, but no answer. We’ll see, hopefully tomorrow.
A.J. bought a picture. I think I might eventually get one. I found out that they just wrap it up. That’s pretty cool. We’ll see. He borrowed 200 pesos, but it was a good deal, we thought. Today I spent a lot of time talking to AJ. We discussed some theological things (women’s ordination) and he would like to talk about jewelry sometime. I was pretty excited.

12:30 PM arrive back at the Hotel
I started to study for the sermon tonight. It’s on the 2300 days. So we’ll see about tonight.

1:30 PM.Eat

2:15 PM Read Great Controversy
While trying to read Allison stopped by several times and I helped to explain parts of the 2300 days to her. Eventually I fall in and out of sleep. The music was too much for me to study in.

5:10 PM pray more about tonight

5:50 PM arrive at the front to be picked up

6:10 PM the rest of the people arrive and we pray and leave

7:15 PM arrive at the church
Maxwell, a church member, arrived at the same time. But he didn’t have a key so we went to another church members house that was just down the street. No one was there, so we went to another church members house. I had to use the bathroom so bad, eventually they gave me this drink called Tamarindo (like Tamarin). It was really bitter and sour, but it was alright. They could have added sugar to no objection by myself. We have something in the Philippines like it, but we eat it, not drink it.
We eventually went back to the church, I finished setting up and then I met with my translator. He’s a really good guy. I really like him. We were offered by one of the church members that they were assigned to give us a drink every night before the meetings. So we went to their house, it was pineapple juice. Oh man, now that was a really good drink.

The subject for this evening was the 2300 days. There was so much material, and I was getting worried, because we didn’t start until 8:45. So I was really pressed for time. So I started the sermon with this, “Tonight is the topic of the longest prophecy in the Bible, which means we might go a little longer tonight. You know, I actually paid $5000 to learn this material. And you guys are getting it for free. You are very privileged.”

We didn’t get out until 9:30. I felt so bad. I know that it was late, but we started really late, 15 minutes later then usual. I’m a little worried that certain people are not going to return. But I believe the sermon went well otherwise. There is no way to cut it anymore than I did. And I wasn’t going to cut the truth. It did get a little better toward the end, but some people were leaving and others were just not into it the further we got. But all in all, it went well.

11:00 PM get back to the room
I couldn’t sleep, so I read for as long as I could and then eventually went to sleep. Something was really on my mind. I really just couldn’t think about anything else, it was really weird. Did I love her?

No comments: