Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Twice as Good

Today I preached my last sermon for Evangelistic Preaching. Praise God! I believe that it went well. It was entitled Make Me Whole. It was on the health message, can you tell that I still want to be a doctor?

During my evaluation, the professor said, “It was excellent. It was good, so it was good. It was short, so it was good. It was good and short, so it was twice as good.” He went on to say, “Though it may not mean much necessarily, you smiled a lot. So you talked to me as a friend.” One person said, “We are supposed to be happy Christians.” I guess I’m getting that down a little better. Praise the Lord, I am much happier that its over.

For the future he gave me some recommendations:
Use a larger font when giving a presentation with a smaller screen. For the presentation in this class it was good. The font was good. But for a larger audience with a smaller screen it would have been hard.
Don’t use the King James. It’s hard to understand.
Work on your appeal.

I need to make Christ more appealing. That’s what can happen when you find out that your preaching two days ago and you loose your Bible. Haha, I did it nearly all from memory. So the only verses that I could use were King James. Praise the Lord though.

Lets see today I still have a few things left:
Soccer practice at 6
Dorm Worship at 7. The last one that I am scheduled to give this year, Where are all the Men?
Soccer game at 8
Dorm Worship at 10. They have dorm worships twice in the evening. So it’s the same topic as above.

No comments: