Monday, April 14, 2008

"The Sower went forth to Sow"

Last week I realized that I did not own a copy of the book Christ’s Object Lesson by Ellen G. White. So I determined that this would become a great devotional book for however long it takes me to read it.
In the first section of the chapter “The Sower went forth to Sow,” I have rediscovered some grand truths. White, in the first paragraph, even states that “Because of its simplicity the parable of the sower has not been valued as it should be.” And it is quite true. Either way, I highly recommend the reading of the chapter, and the book. From it I have discovered two new texts to memorize.
Jeremiah 23:28
“…And he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? Saith the Lord.”


Prov. 30:5, 6
“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his word, let he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”


She says all this after a grand discussion on the inspiration of Scripture and its grand importance starting on page 39 and onward. Highly recommended. And then she goes on to speak about the educational system – very enlightening.

No comments: