Monday, July 14, 2008

Great Booking Experience

This afternoon I finally got enough money to purchase a ticket for a friends wedding in Toronto. So as soon as I got off work I drove to Chatt. Airport to have them help me with my ticketing; but they recommended that I just call the number provided. Since a I had cancelled a flight, I was told that I could use the money for that flight on a future flight within a year. But, they still said it would actually be cheaper to call.

Well, as soon as I arrived I called the number got transfered to two different people who finally transfered me to international travels. After going through my ticketing with great ease (one thing that I like about Delta), the ticketing agent told me that he lived in Montreal, and then I told him that I was just there a few months ago. We talked about Montreal a little bit and then asked me a few questions. We started to talk about the snow there, but then I said that I have been stuck in Montreal twice because of snow storms. However, I was soon going to move to MI, which struck his curiousity. He asked, so I told him that I was going to do my Ph.D. there, "Oh in what?" He said. "In church history."

"Oh, really, its unfortunate that there are less people who are even my age, and I'm 38, who go to church." And I said, "Oh, you are a Christian?" "Yes, I am." "Really?" He then told me about his sons, and then we got back to the topic of Church History and asked me what I want to do with that, so I told him "I really want to make church history exciting. People think that is boring, but I want to show them the excitement that church history has." "Really, so what do you talk about?" After a little while, I told him, "You know what I have really appreciated your services for my ticket and I would really like to send you a book for free on church history. Its a great book, actually a little famous, and I really think that you would like it. Its called The Great Controversy and it goes through church history." "Really?" "Yeah, I mean if you want it." "Yeah, I will just give you my address." After that I obtained his address, we talked a little bit and now I'm going to try to find a French version of the book.

Praise the Lord. I would not have talked with this man unless the Lord led me to him.

No comments: